Looks like Prime Day will be July 16th this year (Note: this is based on rumors – official date should be announced today)! Prime Day is Amazon’s biggest shopping day of the year! There are thousands of deals and it can be overwhelming. Here’s what you need to do to be ready to score the deals as they come. Maybe you have missed it in years past, but for the past three years, Prime Day has been a huge shopping day for Amazon. In fact, last year, Prime Day rang up more sales than Black Friday! In true Amazon style, Prime Day 2018 is likely to be even better! We have our Prime Day Tips ready to get you ready to score the best Prime Day deals!
What is Prime Day?
Prime Day started back in 2015 to celebrate Amazon’s 20th Birthday. The original Prime Day featured thousands of deals on popular consumer products ranging from Kindles to Kitchen Electrics like the Anova Sous Vide and Instant Pot. The event itself was extremely popular resulting in stock shortages and some frustrated customers. Overall, the day was a huge success and the Prime Day tradition began.
Three Things to do NOW for Prime Day
- Become a Prime Member. You must be a Prime Member to shop. If you are not a member, sign up for a 30 day free trial here. Prime Membership would be critical on Prime Day regardless. To catch deals, you often need to check out quickly, so you will want free Prime Shipping with no minimum purchase. In years past, there has not been a Prime Membership deal leading up to Prime Day.
- Join our Facebook Group Kids Steals & Deals Group. This will be the BEST place to easily see all the deals. We only post solid deals, so there’s no getting caught up in the “it’s a Prime Day Deal so it must be a good price” stuff. I often give my personal (and quasi professional) opinion of how good a deal is. It’s also an active group where different products are frequently discussed. You’ll get more info to make better purchasing decisions as a whole. 90K Moms can’t be wrong! Click here to join!
- Get familiar with the Prime Day Landing Page. The landing page will give you a good idea of many of the biggest deals available. Prime Day is not an Amazon clearance sale. If you see something you need at a great price leading up to Prime Day, you should not “wait for Prime Day”. Just like Black Friday, there is not a universal drop in prices, there are deals on specific items and categories. In fact, last year, there was an ENTIRE WEEK of deals leading up to Prime Day! A deal offered in this time frame is unlikely to be duplicated for Prime Day. If this is your first Prime Day, our overview will help you understand how Prime Day works and what type of deals to expect. You can check that out here.
What will the best Prime Day Deals be?
Unlike Black Friday which is about shopping for gifts for others for the holidays, Prime Day is all about you. While many items featured do make great gifts, Amazon intentionally hunts down deals on the things YOU want and need. This makes Prime Day a great time to stock up on even the most boring stuff. No joke… I *just* ran out of toilet paper from last year!
- Prime Day Amazon Device Deals: Amazon devices are typically deeply discounted twice a year on Prime Day and Black Friday. In years past, Prime Day has featured some of the lowest prices on Echo, Dot and Kindle Fire.
- Prime Day Kitchen & Home Deals: Some of the best Prime Day deals are on Kitchen Electrics like Instant Pot and Anova Sous Vide. In addition, there have been vacuums and robot vacuums offered at great discounts! You can see many of the deals offered in our post from 2017 here.
- Prime Day Baby Deals: The most popular Prime Day Baby Deals are on car seats and diapers. The Prime Day diaper deals are tough to beat! As you can see from our post last year, our followers saved up to 60% on a couple different brands of diapers and wipes! (PSST: We have already set up our posts for 2018 Prime Day Baby Deals, you can check them out here. They will be updated when Prime Day begins, so bookmark for future reference!)
- In addition, there are deals in nearly every category including clothing, shoes, toys, books, household products, beauty & personal care. As Prime Day approaches, we will have landing pages for all of the main categories to ensure you don’t miss any great deals!
How can I be sure I don’t miss the best Prime Day deals?
In years past, many Prime Day deals have been better than Black Friday. While you could try to figure it all out yourself, you don’t have to! Prime Day is one of our favorite days of the year. We literally work around the clock to handpick the best Prime Day Deals and Prime Day 2018 will not be any different. There are a couple ways to be sure that you are seeing the best of what Prime Day has to offer.
- As I mentioned, I highly recommend joining our premium Facebook deals group Kidz Steals & Deals. The group is the easiest place for us to post quickly and you also get the benefit of hearing the experiences and product recommendations of the more than 90K moms in the group. Once you are in the group, turn your notifications on so you know when deals are posted.
- You can follow our public Facebook page here. There is also an option to turn notifications on and set them to “see first” to ensure that our posts hit your newsfeed.
- Check back here frequently. We will update as we have more information on when Prime Day will start this year as well as what deals can be expected (Amazon does do some press releases to announce and promote the event).
- Follow our Prime Day Pinterest Board. There’s not much there now, but we will add everything we publish here.
- Follow our Amazon Influencer Page. Our new page lets us make lists of our favorite products on Amazon. This is going to be an easy way to highlight stuff by category!
Looking for More Prime Day Tips?
If this is your first time shopping Prime Day or if you have tried in the past and struggled to find great deals, check out our overview of Prime Day 2018. It explains all of the different kinds of deals and what you can expect to see deals on. If you still have questions, let us know! We’re here to help!